Despite our high standards and careful handling of your cargo shipments, mishaps may occur. In the unlikely event that your goods are damaged in transit or pieces are missing, following the instructions below will make processing your claim fast and efficient. The person entitled to delivery (recipient/consignee) must file the complaint to OTS Air Cargo, in writing, in the case of:
1) Visible damage to the goods, immediately after discovery of the damage and at the latest within 14 days from receipt of the goods.
2) Other damage to the goods, within 14 days from the date of receipt of the goods.
3) Delay, within 21 days of the date the goods are placed at his/her disposal.
4) Non-delivery of the goods, within 120 days from the date of the issue of the Air Waybill. These conditions can be found on the back of the OTS Air Waybill.
Documentation Requirements for Damaged Cargo, In order to process a claim for damaged cargo with OTS Air Cargo the following documentation is required:
1) Copy of the Master and House Air Waybill(s).
2) Survey/Damage report clarifying damage of and possible salvage ability of said damaged item.
3) Photographs of damage.
4) Itemized vendor invoice.
5) Original or photocopy of repair invoices.
6) Claim letter from end customer.
7) Copy of receipt from CFS/OTS stating freight was damaged upon receipt.
8) Letter stating the claim amount and details of claim.
9) Proof of payment to customer.